Town of Underhill
This notice pertains to the following project in the Town of Underhill:
· Fire Station Project (CDBG-PF 20-40)
The Town of Underhill and Wendel will open sealed bids for the aforementioned project at 4:00pm on August 12, 2021 at the Underhill Community Center, 5597 Cardinal Road, Gillett, WI.
This Public Bid Opening will clarify the names of the bidders. The Bid Opening will not discuss or explain the content of any offers nor will a bid be awarded at the time of the opening.
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Underhill, Oconto County
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Underhill, Oconto County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on May 24, 2021, from 5:00 p.m. at the Underhill Community Center, 5597 Cardinal Road, Gillett.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
- After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except as a session of the board. Open book shall occur no less than 7 days prior to the board of review.
- The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount of valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived y express action of the board.
- When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at the estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under Wis. Stat. ss.73.03(2a), that the assessor requests. The Town of Underhill has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. * The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under Wis. Stat. ss19.35(1).
- The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under Wis. Stat. Ss70.47(3)(a), that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 9th day of May 2021.
By: Tracy Winkler, Town Clerk
Notice that the assessment Roll is open for Examination and Open Book
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Underhill, Oconto County.
Pursuant to s. 70.45, Wis. Stats. The assessment roll for the Year 2020 assessment will be open for examination on the 7th day of May, 2021 at 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm.
Additionally, the assessor will be available on the 7th day of May, 2021 at the Underhill Community Center, 5597 Cardinal Road, Gillett from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Instructional material will be provided at the open book to persons who wish to object to valuations under s. 70.47, Wis. Stats.
Notice is hereby given this 22nd day of April, 2021 by:
Tracy Winkler, Town Clerk
April 11, 2021 marks the 53rd anniversary of the passage of the U.S. Fair Housing Law, Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968. This created the national policy of Fair Housing without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, familial status, and handicap, and encourages fair housing opportunities for all citizens.
The Town of Underhill is committed to highlight the Fair Housing Law, Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, by continuing to address discrimination in our community, to support programs that will educate the public about the right to equal housing opportunities, and to plan partnership efforts with other organizations to help assure every American of their right to fair housing.
The Town of Underhill encourages all citizens, especially those in the business of selling, renting, or financing housing, to adhere to the standard of fair housing.
(UNOFFICIAL RESULTS) TABULAR STATEMENT OF VOTES CAST – APRIL 6, 2021 SPRING ELECTION – TOWN OF UNDERHILL
TOTAL # OF VOTERS: 130
NO. OF ABSENTEE VOTERS: 16
NO. OF PROVISIONAL VOTERS: 0
TOTAL NO. OF BALLOTS CAST: 130
TOTAL NO. OF EDRS: 2
STATE SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION
Jill Underly 63
Deborah Kerr 62
COURT OF APPEALS JUDGE DISTRICT 3
Rick Cveykus 38
Gregory B Gill, Jr. 83
Randy G. Winkler 123
TOWN BOARD CHAIRPERSON
Peter Vorpahl 75
TOWN BOARD SUPERVISOR
BJ McCarthy 99
Patrick Nelson 108
Tracy A. Winkler 124
Miles A. Winkler 125
GILLETT SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER
Jamie Heroux 99
Katie Pecha Daul 101
OUTSTANDING PROVISIONAL BALLOTS
APRIL 6, 2021 SPRING ELECTION
PER STATE STATUTE 7.15(15) PROVIDE NOTICE OF OUTSTANDING PROVISIONAL BALLOTS. As soon as possible after the closing hour for all polling places in the municipality on election night, the municipal clerk shall post at his or her office and on the Internet at a site announced by the clerk before the polls open, and shall make available to any person upon request, a statement of the number of electors who have cast provisional ballots at the election in the municipality that cannot be counted as of that closing hour because the electors have not satisfied relevant voting requirements.
TOWN, VILLAGE, CITY OF: UNDERHILL
# OF PROVISIONAL BALLOTS OUTSTANDING: 0
Your provisional ballot will not count unless you provide the poll workers with the required information before the polling place closes at 8:00 p.m. tonight, or you provide the required information to the municipal clerk by 4:00 p.m. the Friday after the election.
Municipal Clerk Contact Information:
TRACY WINKLER 920-855-2942
5597 CARDINAL ROAD
UNDERHILL, WISCONSIN 54124 [email protected]
You may check whether your ballot was counted by contacting the municipal clerk, checking the MyVote WI website at: https://myvote.wi.gov, or by contacting the Wisconsin Elections Commission at 866-VOTEWIS (868-3947).
TOWN OF UNDERHILL
2021 SPRING ELECTION
Absentee Application Count: 20
Absentee Ballots Sent Count: 20
Absentee Ballots Returned Count: 19
At the election to be held on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 in the Town of Underhill, the following polling place location will be used for the wards indicated below. If you have any questions concerning your polling place, contact the municipal clerk.
Town of Underhill W1
5597 Cardinal Road Gillett, WI 54124
Tracy Winkler (920) 855-2942
ALL POLLING PLACES WILL OPEN AT 7:00 A.M. AND WILL CLOSE AT 8:00 P.M.
All polling places are accessible to elderly and disabled voters.
Notice of Meeting of the Local and Municipal Board of Canvassers
At the close of voting on Election Day, pursuant to the provisions of Wis. Stat. § 19.84, the Election Inspectors will convene as a joint meeting of the Local Board of Canvassers and the Municipal Board of Canvassers for the purpose of conducting the local and municipal canvasses pursuant to Wis. Stat. §§7.51 and 7.53(1). This meeting will be open to the public pursuant to Wis. Stat. §§ 19.81-89.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Public Test of the electronic voting equipment to be used at the 2021 Spring Election on April 6, 2021 will be conducted on Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. at the following location:
UNDERHILL COMMUNITY CENTER
5597 Cardinal Road
Gillett, WI 54124
Dated this day, the 29th day of March, 2021
Tracy Winkler, Clerk
Weight restrictions will go into effect on Town of Underhill roadways effective March 5th, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. and remain in effect until further notice.
School buses, emergency vehicles, milk/seed potato/livestock haulers, perishable food haulers, solid waste haulers collecting residential or commercial waste, and septage hauling will be EXEMPT from the road restrictions.
Fuel/gas haulers will be allowed to transport ½ of their normal legal loads. However, all carriers are encouraged to suspend operations and contact the Town of Underhill Chair at 920-855-6632 if visible road damage is encountered.
All effected roads will be posted with weight specific restrictions.